Sunday, February 21, 2010

Innocence

A child, golden child, radiant as the Sun.
Robbed of the light.
Afraid to run.

Does she know him?
Perhaps we'll never know.
Were there any signs of impending evil?
As clear as blood splattered on soft white snow.

The child emerges.
Confused, angry, betrayed.
She hides away in her secret place.
'Lest her shame be openly displayed.

Afraid to trust.
Willing to please.
Her heart feels covered in rust,
Rotting with disease.

She sobs quietly as she plays make believe.
No one tries her pain to relieve.

Years have passed,
And yet no change.
A well built fascade,
She's diligently arranged.

Afraid to face herself,
For fear of what she might find.
Afraid to face the demons,
Afraid to leave it all behind.

It's become a close friend,
Of the cruelest kind.
It's a comfortable agony,
A blackhole of the mind.

"Can I be free?"
She asks in disbelief,
"Could it be,
My weary spirit could have relief?"

Broken, bleeding, covered in blood,
She stumbles and whimpers,
To the throne room of God.

"I have nothing left to give,
I am broken and abused.
I've not even the will to live,
But it's Your love I choose.

I am but a shadow of who I was to be,
But I am trusting in Your kindness,
That You will restore my purity."

A warm hand rests on her head.
Peace floods her like a river.
Life begins to trickle through what was dead,
And her whole body begins to shiver.

"I will right what has been wrong.
What was stolen I will restore.
You will be my beautiful song,
And pain will not be your banner anymore."

The woman is radiant,
Radiant as the Son.
She walks in the light,
Complete in the One.

1 comment:

  1. This is pretty much my life in a nutshell...He is so FAITHFUL!

    ReplyDelete