Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Round 2 of Poems, Found a few more...

A dead end street.
Nowhere else to turn.
I'm tired of running.
Turn the lights down.

I admit I hear You,
In the beat of my heart.
I feel you pulling,
Oh God it's tearing me apart.

'Cause I've gotta find You,
Right where You've always been.
Deep inside the core of me,
Since my life with You began.

O God this hot frothy sin,
Bubbling at my lips.
So much filthy sin,
Dangling at my fingertips.

I'm so sick of not knowing You;
Not seeing You in all that I do.
Why do I feel so fake?
What will it take?

=================================================

And here's a letter I wrote shortly after this poem:

Jesus,

I know You know my heart of hearts and that You know my every thought. I just hate myself right now. I hate my weak, sad self. I want to be free. Free as a blue jay to fly for You. I wanna dance for You, I wanna sing for You. I wanna be Your's and You mine. Give me focus God. Help me see his snares. Help me kill my flesh. 'Cause I can't do anything on my own, anytime I try I mess up. I just have to quit trying to impress everyone. Thank you Lord.

<3 Nickel

No comments:

Post a Comment